This 10-ingredient, 20-minute Instant Pot queso recipe offers up a double dose of spicy flavor with our creamy Jalapeño Havarti cheese.
- 1 jalapeño pepper*
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 (6-oz) packages Roth Jalapeño Havarti cheese, shredded*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Extra chili powder & jalapeño pepper, for garnish
- Set oven to broil. Place jalapeño under the broiler, and rotate every few minutes until evenly charred on all sides. Remove from oven, and let cool. Remove stem, and mince.
- Plug in your Instant Pot, and press “Saute.” Once the pot is heated, melt butter. Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Stir frequently until vegetables have softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, and minced roasted jalapeño, and mix well.
- Slowly whisk in milk, and heat until it begins to bubble. Press “Cancel” on the Instant Pot, and switch the setting to “Keep Warm.” Whisk in cream cheese until smooth. Sprinkle in cheese one handful at a time — whisking between each addition — until the queso is creamy and smooth. Taste queso, and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Queso will thicken as it sits and is best served fresh. We recommend keeping the queso in the Instant Pot to stay warm or transferring it to a serving bowl. Serve with tortilla chips and vegetable crudités, and eat immediately.