This rediculously easy holiday appetizer features Roth Grand Cru Alpine-style cheese and BRANDY. Yes, BRANDY. Perfect for a Thanksgiving side, holiday party, or devouring at home on a weekend. View Bev's full post, here. By: Bev Weidner, Bev Cooks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces baby bella or button mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves plus additional for garnish
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated Roth® Original Grand Cru® Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 415°F.
- Melt butter with olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms to skillet and sauté about 6 minutes, until they deepen in color completely on mushroom surfaces. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper; stir in thyme leaves. Add chopped kale; sauté until kale begins to wilt, a couple minutes. Add brandy and stir.
- Roll out pie crust on work surface. Sprinkle about half a cup of Grand Cru® Cheese in center of crust; top with mushroom and kale filling, spreading over dough and leaving a 1 1/2 inch uncovered rim of dough. Top filling with remaining Grand Cru®. Fold dough rim over to barely overlap filling, leaving filling exposed and forming the galette shape. In a small bowl, beat egg with water. Brush outer dough edges of galette with egg wash. Bake galette about 30 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly, and crust is golden brown.
- Garnish with additional thyme, slice and serve.