Summer's best treat: Strawberry Basil Goat Cheese Crostini! Our tangy, fresh Chèvre is magic when paired with sweet strawberries, fragrant basil, and a drizzle of rich balsamic glaze. Betcha can't eat just one!
- 1 (8-oz) or 2 (4-oz) logs Roth Plain Chèvre goat cheese
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Olive oil or butter
- 1 pound strawberries, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil, julienned
- Balsamic reduction (also called balsamic glaze)
- Flaky salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Remove goat cheese from the refrigerator to soften.
- Preheat your oven to broil.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange baguette slices in a flat layer. Lightly brush both sides of slices with olive oil (or spread with a thin layer of butter), then place under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes until light golden brown. Watch carefully to ensure they do not burn. Flip slices, then toast the other layer.
- Remove slices from the oven. Spread a thick layer of goat cheese on each slice, then top with sliced strawberries, fresh basil, and a drizzle of balsamic reduction. Sprinkle with flaky salt and black pepper, and serve!