These charred watermelon wedges topped with melted cheese, roasted almonds, and fresh mint make the perfect summer entertaining appetizer! By: Snixy Kitchen
- 1/2 small watermelon, sliced 1/2-inch thick, and cut into triangular wedges
- 1 6 ounce wedge of Roth® Original Grand Cru® Cheese, sliced into thin 1-1/2-inch squares
- 1/3 cup chopped dry roasted almonds
- 30-40 small mint leaves (or larger leaves, torn into small pieces)
- 1 tablespoon good-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flakey salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the broiler to 500°F and place a rack in the top thi rd of the oven, about 8-10 inches away from the broiler.
- Place watermelon wedges in a single row on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Top each wedge with a square of cheese.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler just until the cheese melts and gets lightly tinged with golden brown, about 2-5 minutes. Watch carefully and rotate the pan if you notice a hot spot.
- With a spatula, transfer the wedges to a serving platter and sprinkle with roasted almonds, place 2-3 mint leaves on each wedge, spoon a 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of olive oil over the top, and toss a pinch of flakey salt and pepper to finish. Serve warm.
Note: This appetizer still tastes delicious when it cools off, so don’t stress if it doesn’t stay warm!