By: Sarah Menanix, Snixy Kitchen
- For the Cranberry Fig Jam:
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried figs, chopped
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- For the Crostini:
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick at an angle
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, for brushing
- 8 ounces Roth Grand Cru® cheese, cut into thin slices about the size of the baguette slices
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400°F.
- Add all of the cranberry fig jam ingredients to a medium pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, breaking down the cranberries against the side of the pot with the back of a wooden spoon, until thickened. Set aside.
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven on the upper rack for 5-6 minutes per side, until it just turns golden brown and crispy on the edges.
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Place a slice of cheese on each baguette and place baking sheet back in the oven on the middle rack several inches from the broiler for 1-3 minutes, just until the cheese melts and begins to bubble.
- Transfer cheesy baguettes to a serving platter, top each with a spoonful of cranberry fig jam and a sprinkling of toasted walnuts. Serve warm or room temperature.