It’s simple. It’s comforting. It’s cheesy, creamy, and luscious, which adds up to be a pile of wonderment for the mouth. Recipe by: Bev Weidner, Bev Cooks
- 1 pound shrimp (thawed, peeled and deveined)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup corn grits
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup grated Roth Grand Cru® Cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Parsley (for garnish)
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the orange juice, hot sauce and brown sugar.
- Then add the shrimp, the lime zest and a pinch of salt. Toss with tongs to coat. Let sit on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet to medium high. Add the tomatoes and let them sear for about five minutes, letting them blister and break down a bit. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the shrimp in a single layer and sear until you get some char marks all over, about a minute per side. You really want some nice browning, and that will happen fast on a higher heat. Set aside in a bowl to cool.
- In the meantime, add the corn grits, milk and water to a medium saucepan. On a medium heat, whisk whisk whisk until the grits start to get thick and creamy. Add a good pinch of salt and stir again. Next, add the cheese and whisk until melted and even more creamy.
- Ladle the creamy, cheesy grits into bowls and top with blistered tomatoes and fiery shrimp.
- Garnish with parsley and more hot sauce if you want.
- Serve and enjoy!