By: Bev Weidner, Bev Cooks
- 2 russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated Roth® Original Grand Cru® Cheese
- 1 cup grated Roth® Original Havarti Cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Sprouts or parsley for garnish, optional
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter foams, add the garlic and sauté 30 seconds-1 minute until fragrant and lightly browning.
- Dump sliced potatoes in a large mixing bowl and add the garlicky butter to the bowl. Season with a generous pinch of salt and toss with hands, until the potatoes are evenly coated with the butter.
- Put a medium-low flame back under the cast iron skillet and layer the potatoes in a circle in the bottom of the skillet. The heat will start crisping the bottoms of the potatoes. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of each cheese over the potatoes and continue layering with the remaining potato slices and remaining grated cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 25 minutes, until the cheese is browning and bubbly.
- Garnish with sprouts or parsley, if desired.