No matter how cold it is outside, warm up from the inside with Hot & Cheesy Corn Dip! Use frozen corn to keep things easy all year round (but we’ve included instructions for fresh corn for summertime).
- 1 tablespoon butter plus more for buttering the dish
- 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen corn (see notes)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8 ounces Roth GranQueso cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro, for garnish, optional
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rub a pie plate or other baking dish with butter.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter until foaming subsides. Add corn, bell peppers, onion, jalapeno, and 1 teaspoon salt and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Stir in half the GranQueso cheese, green chiles, scallions, and chili powder. Carefully fold in corn mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread into prepared baking dish and top with remaining 4 ounces GranQueso. Bake uncovered until hot and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with additional scallions and cilantro if desired. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
1. 4 ears fresh corn (cut off cob) or 2 (14.5 ounce) cans corn may be substituted for frozen corn.
2. Replace half the GranQueso with Roth Havarti Jalapeno cheese if desired. It tastes great!
Recipe created by: Meggan Hill, Culinary Hill