Either fresh or frozen corn kernels may be used in this hearty warm dip.
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus additional for baking dish
- 2 bags (12 ounces each) frozen corn,* thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeño chiles, seeded, veins removed and finely chopped
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Roth GranQueso® Cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Additional scallion slices and cilantro for garnish, optional
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter pie plate or other baking dish. Set aside.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. When foaming subsides, Add corn, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno chiles, and 1 teaspoon salt; cook until onions soften, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Remove skillet from heat.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Stir in half the GranQueso® cheese, canned green chiles, scallions, chili powder and cilantro. Carefully fold in corn mixture; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread into prepared baking dish; top with remaining GranQueso. Bake uncovered until hot and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with additional scallions and cilantro if desired. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
*Or use equivalent weight of fresh corn kernels.