Cooking's easier when you plan ahead–be sure you cook a plentiful amount of mashed potatoes so you'll have leftovers, made even better with Roth's award-winning cheese.
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Roth Grand Cru® Cheese
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- Chopped chives, optional
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- Applesauce, optional
- Mix cheese, potatoes, egg and chives in bowl.
- Melt butter in sauté pan. Form potato mixture into 1 or smaller pancakes; fry, flipping once, until brown (about 3-5 minutes per side). and heated through.
*Applesauce is the traditional accompaniment to latkes.