A multi-culture hummus is unanimously good!
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini*
- 2-3 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce or hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 red bell pepper, roughly chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled Roth Buttermilk Blue® Cheese, plus additional for garnish, optional
- In food processor or blender, puree garbanzo beans, tahini, buffalo sauce, red bell pepper, garlic powder and lemon juice until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer hummus to small bowl. Fold in blue cheese crumbles.
- Garnish with additional blue cheese crumbles, if desired
- Serve with pita or pretzel chips, celery sticks and/or red bell pepper slices, for dipping.
*You may substitute olive oil for the tahini.