Grand Cru® Surchoix
This World Champion cheese is the best of our best – handmade in traditional copper vats and aged in our cellars under the careful watch of our cellarmasters. This washed-rind Alpine-style cheese is aged a minimum of 9 months to create a firm texture and complex flavors of caramel, fruit, and mushroom. Grand Cru Surchoix was named the 2016 World Champion, winning among 3,000 entries and marking the first time an American-made cheese won the cheese competition in nearly 3 decades. No domestically produced cheese has achieved such honors since.
Ingredients: Cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 1 oz (28g), Servings Per Container: Varied, Calories 110, Total Fat 9g (11% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (26% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 25mg (9% DV), Sodium 130mg (5% DV), Total Carb. <1g (1% DV), Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugar 0g (Includes 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 8g, Vitamin D 0.2mcg (0% DV), Calcium 221mg (20% DV), Iron 0mg (0% DV), Potassium 26mg (0% DV). * % DV = % Daily Value. CONTAINS MILK. KEEP REFRIGERATED.
- World Cheese Awards Super Gold 2019
- World Cheese Awards Gold 2018
- World Championship Cheese Contest World Champion 2016
- American Cheese Society 2nd Place 2016
- WORLD DAIRY EXPO 2nd Place 2016
- American Cheese Society 3rd Place 2015
- Wisconsin State Fair 3rd Place 2015
- Wisconsin State Fair 2nd Place 2014
- World Dairy Expo Championship, USA 3rd Place 2014
- Global Cheese Awards, England Gold Medal 2014
- World Cheese Awards, UK Super Gold Medal 2014
- American Cheese Society 3rd Best of Show 2012
- Hazelnuts, almonds, fresh fig
- Cured meats, olives
- Pinot Gris, Riesling, Bock beer, Porter, Stout
- The star of a cheeseboard
- Appetizer served with cured meats
- Shaving over pasta
Find Grand Cru® Near YouWhere to Buy
About our Alpine-style cheeses
By crafting our Alpine-style cheeses like Grand Cru® in authentic copper vats with the finest Wisconsin milk, we’ve created an original cheese unmatched in America. Careful crafting brings out light floral notes, nutty undertones, a hint of fruitiness, and a mellow finish.