A twist on the classic Jewish potato pancake, these Mashed Potato Latkes are quick, easy, and extra cheesy with the addition of our nutty Grand Cru® cheese.
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Roth Grand Cru® cheese
- 1 egg
- Chopped chives (optional)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- Applesauce, for serving (optional)
- Mix potatoes, cheese, egg, and chives (if using) in a bowl.
- Melt butter in medium sauté pan. Form potato mixture into 2-4 small pancakes. Fry—flipping once—until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with applesauce, if desired.