Savory and cheesy, these breakfast muffins can be a quick treat or a filling meal.
- 2½ cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Grand Cru® Original, shredded
- 2 ounces Grand Cru® Original, cubed ½”
- Crème fraîche or sour cream (optional)
- Chopped chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Coat a nonstick muffin pan with vegetable oil spray.
- In a mixing bowl, gently break apart frozen hash browns.
- Stir in butter, onions, flour, bacon, salt, pepper and egg.
- Fold shredded Grand Cru® Original into hash brown mixture until well combined.
- Evenly distribute mixture in muffin pan. Press mixture firmly into molds.
- Press a small cube of Grand Cru® Originalinto the center of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until mixture is golden brown and crispy.
- Allow to rest for 2-3 minutes before removing muffins from tray.
- Garnish with a dollop of crème fraîche or sour cream and chopped chives (optional).