How to Make a Tailgating Cheeseboard
There’s nothing quite like gathering with friends to cheer on your favorite team. The excitement of any sports event can be hard work! This is why no tailgate is complete without an infinite spread of snacks and finger foods all arranged on a cheeseboard.
Step 1: Choose a few easy-going cheeses to pair with classic tailgating munchies. Tailgating is a casual event, so offering a variety of things that are simple and approachable is key. Our favorites:
- Prairie Sunset: This easy-going, sweet cheese compliments the casual game day feel. It pairs well with most things, especially almonds, fruit, beef sticks and Pilsner beers.
- Chipotle Havarti: The kick of spice and smoke in this cheese pairs especially well with olives, beef sticks, corn chips and IPA beers.
- Grand Cru® Reserve: A bold, savory cheese for a bold, savory board. It pairs especially well with beef sticks, almonds bock beers and IPAs.
- Buttermilk Blue® + wings = a match made in heaven.
- Sriracha Gouda: This hot and fiery cheese is perfect with a Bloody Mary (also great with honey and ciders!).
You can mix things up by adding a spicy cheeseball to your spread as well. This Spicy Buffalo Cheese Ball made with our Jalapeño Havarti cheese is super easy and a crowd-pleaser for game day.
Step 2: Choose your favorite tailgating accompaniments. Salty and savory tend to be the flavor profile of choice, but it never hurts to throw in a few refreshing fruits and veggies as well:
- Beef sticks
- Buffalo chicken wings
- Cherry tomatoes
- Corn chips
- Garlic-stuffed olives
- Potato chips
- Soft pretzels
- Snack mix
- BBQ chips
- Italian salami
Step 3: Mix up that Bloody Mary, swig down a beer, sit back and watch your team dominate the field!