We at Roth® Cheese (“Roth Cheese,” “we” or “us”), a brand of Emmi Roth USA, Inc., respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.rothcheese.com (the “website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on the website;
- in email, text and other electronic messages between you and the website; and/or
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from the website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means; or
- any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the website. When you register to become a member of the website, enter a contest or promotion or report a problem with the website, you may voluntarily submit personal information that can be used to contact or identify you or administer your account (“personal information”). Personal information may include, but is not limited to name, job title, postal address, email address, user names and passwords, telephone number or other contact information. You may also voluntarily provide information that is about you but individually does not identify you, including, but not limited to, demographic information (e.g., postcode, preferences and interests). We also collect and maintain copies of any electronic correspondence sent to Roth Cheese and responses to any surveys or contest entries that you complete.
Usage Details, IP Addresses and Cookies, Cookies and Other Technologies
As you use the website, our servers automatically record information that the browser sends whenever it points to a website or online service (“Log Data”). Log Data may include, but is not limited to, your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, the web page you were visiting before you came to the website and information you search for or view on the website.
As you navigate through and interact with the website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to the website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve the website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the website according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you when you return to the website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about a website’s traffic and traffic sources. Google Analytics features that we have implemented include Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Platform integrations, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present the website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to notify you about changes to the website or any services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on the website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated (nonpersonal information) about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or business, without restriction.
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Lindsay Stone & Brigg’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Lindsay Stone & Briggs, Roth Cheese or Emmi Roth USA, Inc. about the website users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent;
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Lindsay Stone & Briggs, Roth Cheese, Emmi Roth USA, Inc., our customers or others.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The website may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser by clicking on a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third-party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of any other websites you visit.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Do Not Track Settings
Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your browser to let the sites you visit know that you don’t want them collecting certain info about you. At this time, the website does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions. For more information, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit donottrack.us.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
All members of the website may review, update, correct or delete the personal information we hold about you. You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. To provide a copy of this information, we will ask you for a small fee.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: 657 Second St., Monroe, WI 53566.
Children Under the Age of 13
Children under the age of 13 may not use the website for any purpose. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 608-328-2122.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Your personal information may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to Roth Cheese, please be advised that we transfer personal information to the United States and process it there. Your consent to the policy followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.